See how we automate the bank reconciliation process and improve operational efficiency
There are numerous RPA software vendors on the market today offering different solutions for different needs. Some common features of RPA tools include:
- Task recording and playback: Users can record themselves performing manual tasks within digital systems and then playback those recordings to create software robots that repeat the same steps.
- Natural language processing (NLP): Some RPA tools include NLP capabilities that enable them to understand unstructured data such as text or emails and take appropriate actions based on that data.
- Optical character recognition (OCR): OCR capabilities enable RPA tools to “read” information from images or scanned documents and convert it into a format that can be processed by the software.
- Analytics: Many RPA tools include built-in analytics capabilities that can be used to track process performance and identify areas for improvement.
How RPA Works
RPA software bots are designed to mimic the actions of a human user, such as opening and interacting with applications, entering data, and following instructions. To do this, they rely on screen scraping—the ability to read and interpret the text and images displayed on a screen. This means that they can be trained to carry out specific tasks by observing how a human user performs them.
Once an RPA bot has been trained to carry out a task, it can be deployed to do that task in production—that is, in the real world, outside of the training environment. When an RPA bot is deployed in production, it will work alongside human users to carry out the task it has been trained to do. In some cases, the RPA bot may even take over the entire task from start to finish; in other cases, it may simply assist the human user by carrying out certain steps in the task.
RPA bots are typically deployed using an RPA platform, which provides the necessary tools and infrastructure for developing, deploying, and managing bots. RPAs can be deployed on-premises (i.e., within an organization’s own IT infrastructure) or in
The RPA Process
There are four main steps in the RPA process:
- Identify business processes that can be automated.
- Select the software robots, or “bots,” that will carry out the automation.
- Configure the bots to mimic the steps of the human workers they are replacing.
- Deploy the bots and monitor their performance.
How RPA Affects Your Business
The benefits of RPA are twofold. First, by automating these types of tasks, businesses can free up their employees to focus on higher-value work. Second, because RPA software robots can work faster and more accurately than humans, businesses can improve efficiency and productivity while also reducing errors and improving compliance.
There are a few things to consider before implementing an RPA solution in your business. First, you need to identify which processes would benefit from automation. Second, you need to ensure that the data required for these processes is accessible and of good quality.
Finally, you need to have the infrastructure in place to support the deployment of RPA software bots within your organisation.
If you are thinking about implementing RPA in your business, get in touch with us today to find out more.
In today’s digital era, automation is essential for companies of all sizes and shapes. RPA is a powerful tool that will fundamentally change the way organizations grow and thrive, by transforming them into digitized businesses. Small- to medium-sized enterprises are especially eager to use this technology because it will provide improved services for customers. We can expect to see this revolutionized technology make its way into mainstream corporations in the coming years, as it reaches feasibility and accessibility.
Cogniwize Infosystem is your business’ trusted RPA services provider. We strive to maximize efficiency and reduce operational costs by implementing robotic process automation in your workplace. Our client-centric approach begins with an evaluation and ends with an expansion. Do you want to know how RPA services can bring digital transformation to your business? Contact us today, we’d love to help you implement RPA!