Watch ServiceNow Upgrade – Basics and Best Practices” to learn how to upgrade your platform and minimize downtime confidently.
Benefits of ServiceNow Testing
- Reduce Rework and Delays – Real-time monitoring allows you to react quickly to problems, making it easier to avoid costly errors or delays in delivery.
- Build Trsut – When customers know they can count on you, they are more likely to return. With real-time monitoring, you’ll be able to identify potential issues before they become more significant problems.
- Improve Quality – Real-time monitoring allows you to catch problems early on and address them before they become serious.
- Cost Effective – You don’t have to invest in expensive hardware or software tools to conduct your tests. You can use existing tools and resources, like your email server or SharePoint site.
- Easy to Understand – ServiceNow uses an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy for anyone with basic technical skills to perform tasks like creating a new test case or configuring a new process step.
- Instant Feedback – You can get instant feedback on results. Reports can be generated within seconds after starting a test run, so you’ll always know exactly what your team is working on and how they’re doing it.
How ServiceNow ATF Simplifies the Testing Process?
ServiceNow Automated Test Framework (ATF) is a tool suite that provides an automated way to run tests on non-production instances, thereby validating that they are functionally appropriate. ATF will perform automated testing on non-production instances, and users can run automation tests on a specific part of an application or module with the help of test suits. The test suits can be a child or parent to other test suits. Users can view automated steps on the ‘Test Result’ record in the related tab beneath each test step.
ServiceNow ATF Components
- Impersonate: This component uses IP addresses and credentials to impersonate users and access their accounts from different locations.
- Open Form: This component helps you open the required form of a table and fill out the required details.
- Field Validation: This component validates field values based on other fields or validations.
- Submit: This component submits the form back to the system where it was created.
- Open Existing Form: This component allows you to open an existing form, edit it, update it with required details like assigning users or updating field values, or including comments, then submit it back to the system where it was created.
- Query: This component requests other records to perform additional changes.
ServiceNow is a compelling platform that can be leveraged to manage various items across an entire organization. The possibilities for improving workflows by integrating them into your existing technology are endless. But before you can get there, you must learn how the ServiceNow platform works. And the best place to start is by learning how to test effectively.